Tuesday, March 12, 2013

After the break...

During the break I told myself that I was going to get a bunch of homework done on the first few days, and while this is true I also said that I wanted to work on Obsidian for a few days after, this is not so true. I did work on what I had to finish but the break allowed me to recharge my batteries which I desperately needed. Especially because I got sick halfway through the break.

So after the break the team got together to see what we needed to finish. The documentation had a good "first pass" where everything had a little bit of information, be that bullet points or just setup of the page. During the next week the main focus will be documentation seeing as how most of the bugs and enhancements/features are now completed and fixed over the weekend. There are refactoring things we want to do, but currently we want to have the documentation in place so people can help contribute.

One of the side items that I have been working on is to try and figure out how I would want to implement Global Equality Methods. These methods are there to allow the programmer/test engineer how each object that is in the project is equal to another object of the same type. The problem that we know exists is one of how to address the objects. Our code styling for the Package and Class level of the Equality Methods just use the name of the class. One of the projects that we use contains two classes with the same names in different namespaces, so we have a problem with ambiguity between the classes with the same name. It seems like we are going to have to use fully qualified names when we create the areEqual methods (example: areEqual(com.foo.bar x, com.foo.bar y) instead of importing com.foo.bar and using areEqual(bar x, bar y)).

 Other then that the team is going to start meeting on Friday nights, bringing the total time working together 3 days a week. We figured that while writing the documentation it is easier to just ask everyone at the table what the wording should be, or what should go on what page instead of emailing everyone to wait for a response. Hopefully the Friday meetings are going to allow us to work on the project to get it out there faster and decrease the amount of stress that the group has been feeling. That plus the pop quizzes Hunter has been giving us (to test our knowledge of Obsidian) are sure to help ease everyone's nerves about the upcoming booth unveiling at POSSCON.

No comments:

Post a Comment